When it comes to green buildings, we do it all.
Malachite LLC works with businesses, investors, non-profit organizations and governments to create, evaluate and implement green and energy-efficient real estate strategies, programs and policies. Our expert multi-disciplinary team can assist you with all aspects of sustainable real estate, including:
- Team assembly and project management for green development and retrofit projects.
- Green building certification.
- Energy audits, energy benchmarking, LEED gap analysis, conditions assessments, value engineering, construction management support.
- Project finance, including PACE (property assessed clean energy), government incentives and tax strategy, and assessment of potential acquisitions and sales.
- Property and portfolio asset management, including green leasing and operations.
- Government policy and program development at the national, state, regional and local levels.
- Green building research and thought leadership.
Green and energy-efficient features can affordably increase cash flow, add value and improve market positioning for properties and portfolios. Read about green real estate here.
Here's why we're different than many other green real estate advisors:
"Experienced in the business of real estate, shaping the business of green. "
We're not only green, we're highly experienced in the business of real estate. Our senior team members average over 27 years of top level real estate development, retrofit, architecture, engineering, finance, investment, leasing and real estate operations experience with major institutional clients. In working with you, we'll address both your business objectives and your sustainability needs. Together, our team members have developed, retrofitted, advised, financed or managed over 5 million square feet of green or energy-efficient real estate.
We're not just jumping on the green real estate bandwagon, we helped shape the industry. We first managed the investment process and operations for a green building in 1995, and served as the owner's representative for the first U.S. office building certified at the LEED Gold level by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). We’re still the expert that the experts turn to, and we look forward to serving you.